• Freshwater Education District Logo

    Early Childhood Special Education

    Birth-6 years of age

    As a parent, you may have concerns about how your young child is developing.  You may have specific questions, such as “Why is his behavior sometimes different from what I see other children doing?”  “Shouldn’t she be talking by now?” Finding answers to questions about your child’s development is important and the earlier the better.

    If you have questions, you can make a referral for screening and/or evaluation.  If your child is identified as a child with special needs, you and a team of educational professionals can work to steer your child’s development in the right direction.  Depending on your child’s educational needs the team may include:  Early Childhood Special Education Teacher, Speech Language Clinician, Occupational Therapist, Physical Therapist, Hearing Consultant, Vision Consultant or Physically or Other Health Impaired Consultant.

    For research based child development information AND/OR to make a referral go to the State-Wide Referral System at: http://helpmegrowmn.org/


    Help me Grow Logo

    If you have Questions, please call:

    Margaret Grondahl
    B-6 Referral / Intake Coordinator